- Coming Home – Pusha T ft. Lauryn Hill
- If you don’t know, the “T” in “Pusha T” stands for “Ton,” as in “Pusha Ton of cocaine and cocaine accessories,” presumably. I don’t really know why I felt the need to tell you that but I guess we can file it under the “I don’t know who needs to hear this but…” category. Anyway, I honestly haven’t been the biggest fan of Push in the past year or two as he’s been kind of a dickhead. HOWEVA *Steven A. voice*, everyone knows Push got bars, so when Push drops even just a single, you gotta give it a listen. And when Push gets THE Lauryn Hill on the track,,,, woh buddy,,,, you better listen up and pay attention. This song definitely doesn’t disappoint, as you probably could have guessed.
- Warm – Charli XCX ft. HAIM
- I’m also not the biggest fan Charli XCX or HAIM. That’s not because they’re dickheads, that’s just because paying attention to women that are more talented/rich/powerful than me hurts my fragile masculinity and ego, that’s all. Nothing too out of the ordinary. With that being said, this song is a certified banger and I couldn’t ignore it. Luckily, I think my masculinity and ego are both still in tact after listening to it.
- BGM – Wale
- Every empire needs a Taraji. That’s just fax, Jax. #BlackGirlMagic
- UP – EARTHGANG
- For those of you who don’t know EARTHGANG, which I hope isn’t many of you, they are a duo from Atlanta who go by the names of Johnny Venus and Doctur Dot. They are signed to J. Cole’s label Dreamville and were featured on some of the best songs on the new Dreamville album Revenge of the Dreamers III. In short, they are two of the dopest musicians I’ve come across in a while. This is a single off their upcoming album Mirrorland, which is set to drop in September, per them on Twitter. They didn’t give an exact date but judging by their tour starting on Sept. 11, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the album is going to drop on Sept. 6, the Friday before their tour starts. Who knows, though. They might just fuck around and drop the album on the Wednesday their tour starts.
- Babushka Boi – A$AP Rocky
- Fresh out of a Swedish jail, Rocky drops a music video depicting police officers with pig heads and bodies. Can’t say that I’m surprised, that was some bullshit he got arrested for.
- Watch Out – Blaatina ft. NLE Choppa
- IDK who Blaatina is but NLE Choppa is the new gangster rapper that all the kids have been listening to lately aka he’s been getting like 10 million views on YouTube every time he drops a song even if the song kinda sucks. This song doesn’t suck, though, which is why it made the list.
- Just in Case – Swizz Beatz, Rick Ross, DMX & Hallelujah – Buddy, A$AP Ferg, Wale
- Godfather of Harlem is a new show on Epix dropping in September. The show stars Forrest Whitaker as Bumpy Johnson and is apparently is a prequel to the movie American Gangster, which starred Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas. These two songs are singles off the show’s upcoming album that I’m guessing will drop when the it starts on September 29.
- PettyWap2 – Young M.A
- There goes Young M.A… stealing everyone’s girl again…
- Truth Hurts (remix) – Lizzo ft. DaBaby
- This song is a week old but I was busy last week, so fuck off with your complaints. Also, you know us men, we’re great until we gotta be great. The Truth Hurts.
SiR signed to TDE a couple years ago and has been dropping a little music here and a little music there to pass the time. He dropped his first TDE album November in 2018, and now he drops off his second TDE album Chasing Summer. Album features include: Kendrick Lamar, Smino, Lil Wayne, Jill Scott, and more.
This EP was actually released on Tuesday, but I had to include it because Justine Skye is v good at making music. Also, fuck your technicalities.
Aloha from Shy Glizzy.
Alan the Chemist is back with another album with some of his best rapper friends because he’s a god damn chemist and all he does is cook up. Album features include: Boldy James, Roc Marciano, Benny the Butcher, Westside Gunn, Conway, and many more.
These last couple of albums I haven’t actually listened to yet, but they’re all legends in their own right, so here you go. New albums from Bun B (the Trill OG), Common, Maino, and Joell Ortiz.